Monday, February 8, 2010

Mailbox Monday - 1

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at the The Printed Page. It is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. I had a few new books come in last week and I'm super excited about each one!

Dear John - Nicholas Sparks
An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life—until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. "Dear John," the letter read...and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever.





The Seance - John Harwood
Wraxford Hall, a decaying mansion in the English countryside, has a sinister reputation. Once, a family disappeared there. And now Constance Langton has inherited this dark place as well as the mysteries surrounding it.






Rooftops of Tehran - Mahbod Seraji
In a middle-class neighborhood of Iran's sprawling capital city, 17-year-old Pasha Shahed spends the summer of 1973 on his rooftop with his best friend Ahmed, joking around one minute and asking burning questions about life the next. He also hides a secret love for his beautiful neighbor Zari, who has been betrothed since birth to another man. But the bliss of Pasha and Zari's stolen time together is shattered when Pasha unwittingly acts as a beacon for the Shah's secret police.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

I have Dear John in my huge TBR pile and I can't wait to get to it!

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

Dear John is a good read! Enjoy!

Booksnyc said...

Rooftops of Tehran sounds great! I have been on the look out for that one for awhile.

My Monday Mailbox is here

April said...

The Seance sounds awesome! Great books and I love your blog!!! Thanks for stopping by and commenting at mine so that I could come and find yours!!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I saw the movie Dear John on Saturday. I thought it was pretty good. I hope you enjoy the book!