Saturday, February 13, 2010

How far would you go to keep the hope of love alive?

The Choice - Nicholas Sparks
Travis Parker has everything a man could want: a good job, loyal friends, even a waterfront home in small-town North Carolina. In full pursuit of the good life-- boating, swimming, and regular barbecues with his good-natured buddies--he holds the vague conviction that a serious relationship with a woman would only cramp his style. That is, until Gabby Holland moves in next door. Despite himself, Travis can't stop trying to ingratiate himself with his new neighbor, and his persistent efforts lead them both to the doorstep of a journey that neither could have foreseen.

So I consider myself to be an avid Nicholas Sparks fan - definitely one of my favorite authors (although, I'll admit I often find myself dreading the inevitable tragedies that always emerge in his stories). The Notebook is one of my absolute favorites and I've read more than my share of his books. I just love his writing style.. and who doesn't love a good romance?

"The Choice" is a great book, I really enjoyed it! The story revolves around Gabby and Travis, two polar opposite neighbors who find themselves unknowingly falling for each other. I absolutely LOVED the progression of their relationship throughout the novel. Things get off to a rough start when a conflict arises concerning each of their dogs. Being neighbors, the two have a hard time of avoiding each other and they soon find themselves sharing dinners, long conversations and mutual attraction. The rest as they say, is history.

Nearly 11 years later, Travis finds himself faced with a choice pertaining to Gabby and his decision will ultimately change their lives forever. Like with any Sparks novel, I found myself reaching for tissues on more than a few occasions, but I also found myself smiling at the conclusion of the story. The ending brought a very big, but welcomed surprise! I really enjoyed reading this one and I'd recommend to any fans of Nicholas Sparks and/or fans of contemporary romance. Just a very heartwarming book and a great love story!

1 comment:

Nise' said...

I am behind in reading Nicholas Spark's books. Sounds like a good one.