Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

Right now I am reading, "The Flame and the Flower" by Kathleen Woodiwiss and it is seriously the perfect book to read this Valentines day. I absolutely love Historical Romance, by far my favorite genre (along with Historical Fiction). As the queen of romance, Kathleen Woodiwiss is one of my favorite authors and not only is this her debut novel but it is also the first in a trilogy series of which I've read nothing but rave reviews!

I am about half way through right now and it is definitely holding up to my expectations. As with any love interest in a Woodiwiss novel, I am secretly in love with Brandon Birmingham and would love nothing more than to be whisked away into the story. Sighhh.. if only, right?

The Flame and the Flower - Kathleen Woodiwiss
Doomed to a life of unending toil, Heather Simmons fears for her innocence—until a shocking, desperate act forces her to flee... and to seek refuge in the arms of a virile and dangerous stranger. A lusty adventurer married to the sea, Captain Brandon Birmingham courts scorn and peril when he abducts the beautiful fugitive from the tumultuous London dockside. But no power on Earth can compel him to relinquish his exquisite prize. For he is determined to make the sapphire-eyed prize. For he is determined to make the sapphire-eyed lovely his woman...and to carry her off to far, uncharted realms of sensuous, passionate love.

1 comment:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

I love historical romance too!! I've never read anything by this author, though. Thanks so much for visiting my blog!