Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mailbox Monday - 6

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at the The Printed Page. It is a gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week.

So only one book this week, but even still, I am super excited about it. Skeletons at the Feast has been on my wish list for a while now, and I have read/heard nothing but amazing things. A love story and historical fiction both intertwined... (two of my favorite things ever when it comes to books) could it get any better than this?


Skeletons at the Feast - Chris Bohjalian
A masterful love story set against a backdrop of epic history and unforgettable courage

In the waning months of World War II, a small group of people begin the longest journey of their lives.

At the center is eighteen-year-old Anna, the daughter of Prussian aristocrats, and her first love, a twenty-year-old Scottish prisoner of war named Callum. With his boyish good looks and his dedication to her family, he has captured Anna’s heart. But he is the enemy, and their love must remain a closely guarded secret. Only Manfred, a twenty-six-year-old Wehrmacht corporal, knows the truth. And Manfred, who is not what he seems to be, is reluctantly taken with Anna, just as she finds herself drawn uncomfortably to him.

As these unlikely allies work their way west, their flight will test both Anna’s and Callum’s love, as well as their friendship with Manfred–and will forever bind the young trio together.

7 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

wow, gorgeous cover!!

Unknown said...

From that teaser I can guess at this love triangle and hope no one betrays anyone else! Sounds like a really good one!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I've enjoyed the Bohjalian books I've read - hope this is a good read for you!

Kaye said...

I've read great things about Bohjalian but have just never read one of his books. This one sounds great, hope you enjoy it.

Beth(bookaholicmom) said...

I have this book in my tbr rubble! Hopefully I'll get to it someday! I hope you enjoy it!

Anna said...

I bought this book with my Christmas money but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Hope you enjoy it!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

pussreboots said...

Interesting sounding book. My MM is here.